Event/Application Rules & Regulations
GENERAL RULES AND PROVISIONS
1. THE FOLLOWING ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED:
ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES OBSCENE MATERIALS BODY PIERCING FIREWORKS KNIVES - NUM-CHUCKS TATTOOS
THROWING STARS BIKES STRING SPRAY BUMPER STICKERS ANY STICKERS SKATEBOARDS DRUGS/DRUG RELATED ITEMS ROLLER BLADES PETS OF ANY KIND
OPEN FLAMES – EXCEPT FOR COOKING
SALE OR DONATION OF LIVE ANIMALS (EXCEPT GOLDFISH)
GAMBLING (Games of chance are not permitted. Games of skill are allowed)
WEAPONS OF ANY KIND INCLUDING TOY WEAPONS
2. All vendors must have a current certificate of insurance with the Mechanicsburg Chamber of Commerce named as the additional insured on a commercial general liability policy in order to participate. A sample certificate of insurance is included with this application. Your insurance agent must mail or fax certificate directly to us at your request. Space and rental fee will be forfeited if we do not receive certificate by application deadline. NO EXCEPTIONS.
3. All participants are responsible for securing a PA Sales Tax License and furnishing the license number with your application. The number you should call for a tax number is (717) 783-1405 – PA Department of Revenue.
4. No refunds will be made after application deadline. No refunds will be issued due to inclement weather.
5. All applicants will be notified by mail after May 18th that their application has been received and accepted along with further information regarding your space assignment.
6. No spaces are to be subleased and / or given away. Encroachment on spaces not assigned to you is not permitted.
7. For safety reasons no awnings, stands, vehicles, or portions thereof may extend more than 10 feet from the curb into the street area.
8. No display can be more than 10 feet wide, or an additional space rental fee must be paid. Partial space rental is not permitted. Don’t forget to include the tongue of your trailer in the measurement.
9. Sidewalks cannot be used at all by vendors. All sidewalks must remain clear. Violators will be shut down.
10. Electricity will not be available through the Mechanicsburg Chamber of Commerce. Vendors must make arrangements for electrical access with nearby private property owners prior to Jubilee Day™. All wires must be securely taped down.
11. Use of generators is discouraged. If a generator is necessary it must be muffled, vented, and shielded from the public. The noise level must not exceed 70 DB, and will be measured. Generator use is restricted to approved areas only.
12. Noise levels from speakers and operations should be moderate so as not to disturb other operations and may not exceed 70 DB.
13. All participants must arrive by 7 AM at the latest to assure access to your space. If you arrive after 8 AM you will NOT have access to your space. Chamber representatives will be available in all areas starting at 6 AM to assist you in locating your space. All vehicles need to be off the road by 8 AM. You should be ready to open for business at 10 AM.
14. All participants must be off the streets by 10:30 PM. The breakdown of vendor’s stands should begin at 9 PM or at the direction of Jubilee Day ™ staff. There is no vehicle access until 9 PM. While breaking down your stand, please do not block the street with your vehicles.
15. If it is necessary for you to arrive the night before Jubilee Day™ to park on the street, you must contact our office to make arrangements prior to arriving. We will be there to assist you on June 18th after 8 PM. You must be at your vehicle at 6 AM on Jubilee Day™ should it be necessary to move to another location. Only self contained vehicles permitted the night before.
16. Place all trash generated by your business in closed trash bags along the curb for later pickup. You are responsible for cleaning up your space. All cardboard should be broken down and put with the trash.
17. No grease, chemicals, or toxic materials may be thrown on the streets or into storm drains. Participants will be charged for resulting damage or clean-up cost and will not be allowed to return to Jubilee Day™ next year. Mechanicsburg is located within the Chesapeake Bay Watershed.
18. The Mechanicsburg Chamber of Commerce assumes no liability for merchandise lost, stolen, or damaged.
19. All participants will be responsible for the collection of his or her PA Sales Tax. Vendors are reminded to have a copy of their license displayed during Jubilee Day™.
20. Any contest announcements should be coordinated with the Mechanicsburg Chamber of Commerce prior to Jubilee Day™.
21. The Mechanicsburg Chamber of Commerce must clear all media attendance.
22. Failure to comply with these general rules and provisions can result in your immediate expulsion from Jubilee Day™ with no refund of your space rental fee.
23. Arts and Crafts division is for HAND MADE ITEMS ONLY. (ex: pre-made candles) If manufactured items are present at your stand you will be charged an additional $100.00 fee per space that must be paid on Jubilee Day™, show date.
24. All grills must be shielded from the public and adjoining vendors, and placed closest to the sidewalk.
25. A $30.00 per space (10ft) late fee will be charged for applications received after deadline. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.
Common Rules Selected:
Previous acceptance does not guarantee re-acceptance. Held Rain or Shine! No streamer poppers, snaps, silly string, stink bombs or other similar items may be sold! No pop guns, marshmellow guns or other disruptive items may be sold. Canopies must be weighted down, no stakes allowed in ground. Standard Rules:
All work and displays must stay within designated space.
No boxes, extra merchandise or debris should be visible.
Spot area must be kept clean throughout the event and be left spotless afterwards.
No soliciting, approaching patrons, or distribution of advertising material outside of booth area.
All vendors must have a state sales tax license. Vendors are responsible for collecting and remitting all sales tax.