Event/Application Rules & Regulations
Lease Agreement (must download online or request mailed version)
The undersigned hereby makes application for booth space at COUNTRY FOLK ART© SHOWS, INC.
If accepted as an exhibitor by the managers, the undersigned hereby agrees to abide by the following conditions of show participation:
1. All COUNTRY FOLK ART© SHOWS, INC. are juried. Artisans are selected for high quality and outstanding work for the mutual benefit of all participants. All items for sale must be pre-juried by COUNTRY FOLK ART© SHOWS, INC. management and in the style of early Country life in America, or items that could blend with the Country, Primitive & Americana, Northwoods Rustic, Shabby Chic, French Country, Victorian, Fine, Traditional & Contemporary Folk Art themes to include clothing, artwork, pottery, gourmet foods, etc. Artisan agrees to sell complete, finished, ready to use products: No unfinished wood or kits or patterns; silk flowers must be pre-approved by management. COUNTRY FOLK ART© SHOWS, INC. reserves the right, and at its sole discretion, to make exceptions to this rule on an individual basis.
2. All booths must have a three-sided backdrop in order to cover the back and sides of the booth. A minimum of 6 ft. in height is required on all three sides. Backdrop should be solid (not see-through) in order to form a room setting, decorated to suit your display and in accordance with your artistic ingenuity, such as stenciled walls, barn wood, cloth curtains or any artistic style of your choosing and finished on all front sides. Tablecloths must be draped to the floor. Neither boxes or other storage items are allowed to be showing.
3. Set up equipment including dollies, carts, chairs, extension cords, backdrops, hardware, etc., are not provided by COUNTRY FOLK ART© SHOWS, INC. Please come prepared. All fabric used in display, such as curtains, tablecloths, etc., must be flame retardant. Electrical cords must be grounded (3-pronged). COUNTRY FOLK ART© SHOWS, INC. reserves the right to inspect and pull all non-conforming items without refund.
4. Exhibitor will provide a booth identification sign, which should include Business Name, City and State. Exhibitor agrees to remove from their display any items or signs objectionable to the managers. No “sale,” “clearance,” or “show special” signs are allowed.
5. Payment in full is required upon registration for each show, if doing less than four (4) shows annually with COUNTRY FOLK ART© SHOWS, INC. A Deposit of one hundred dollars ($100) per show will be accepted from artisans doing more than four (4) shows annually with COUNTRY FOLK ART© SHOWS, INC. Then, all balances on exhibit space, electric and table fees are to be paid and received in our office, in full, 30 days prior to show. We do accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express for deposits and/or balances. A 10% late fee will be added to payments on booth balances received in COUNTRY FOLK ART© SHOWS, INC. office less than 30 days prior to show. This 10% fee also applies for registration of show(s) less than 30 days. All payments returned from bank will be subject to a $20 fee per bank return.
6. Cancelations A: Written notice MUST be mailed via Certified Mail only to show office no less than 30 days prior to show. Exhibitor will absolutely not receive any refund or transfer of rental fees and/or deposits already posted to a show at time of Exhibitor cancelation - regardless of reason OR date notice is given (exception: see item #10).
B: However, Exhibitor will be required to remit any unpaid show balance in full for cancelations received in our office less than 30 days prior to show. By signing this Lease Agreement, I am giving Country Folk Art Shows, Inc. authorization to charge any unpaid show balances that remain on my account after a show has taken place to any credit card number that I may have on file or have previously given to Country Folk Art Shows, Inc. These show balances include but are not limited to remaining balances due to unpaid balances that remain on my account after a show has taken place, late cancelations and no show fees. In order to remain eligible for future show participation, show office MUST be notified of ALL show cancelations and non-participations, even and especially if short notice - less than 30 days up to day of show.
7. Please note: COUNTRY FOLK ART© SHOWS, INC. does not issue confirmation statements prior to shows. We ask you to consider your canceled check and/or credit card statement your confirmation/receipt of payment received. (When making payments in person at shows with C.F.A. staff, a receipt will be issued for all cash payments.) All accounting records and booth assignments are based on the primary juried artisan’s last name rather than the business name (DBA).
8. Downsizing or decreasing booth size from original requested or contracted size is not allowed. Individual show contracts must be filled out & submitted to show office for each show. (The show contracts will be sent upon return of the completed and signed show office copy of the lease agreement.) Increasing booth size is allowed on a booth space available basis.
9. All registered artisans must check in with COUNTRY FOLK ART© SHOWS, INC. before 12:00 p.m. on the day of set up for shows that open to the public at 5:00 p.m. and 10:00 a.m. for shows opening at 12:00 p.m. If, for any reason you will not make it to the show by check in time, inform our office of your arrival time or cancelation (by 4 p.m. Eastern Time Friday). Booth space/location & exhibitor badges will be assigned at show on set up day. Preassigned booth spaces will not be guaranteed after check in time, however a space will be provided.
10. If show premises are destroyed, or if any cause whatsoever makes it impossible to hold the COUNTRY FOLK ART© SHOWS, INC., or in the judgment of the managers, the show should not be held for any reason, the lease agreement shall terminate and the exhibitor waives any claim for damages except the return or transfer of the rental fees.
11. There will be no subleasing of spaces. No one shall occupy the space other than the juried exhibitor except by prior consent of the managers. Exhibitor will leave the condition of the premises equal to or better than found. This includes the sweeping and removal of all rubbish from leased space and place in garbage bags or containers ready for pick up. Damage to the structure of any part of the property or premises will be paid for by the exhibitor in full as determined by the managers and the officials of the show facility.
12. Exhibitor agrees to adhere to the advertised show hours. Under no circumstances will early packing or leaving be allowed.
13. Exhibitor agrees to obtain all necessary permits and licenses and to comply with any local ordinances, ie: State Sales Tax, Fire, Health, etc. valid for that state/community, before said show takes place, to file all required tax forms, and to pay all state and local taxes which result from sales at COUNTRY FOLK ART© SHOWS, INC. This includes health permits for food vendors. Once tax numbers are received, exhibitor must forward the tax permit number to COUNTRY FOLK ART© SHOWS, INC. office before the show commences.
14. The managers of the COUNTRY FOLK ART© SHOWS, INC. shall not be responsible for any injury or loss or legal action that may arise or come to the exhibitor or his/her agent or his/her goods or property or the public from any cause whatsoever while show premises are being occupied under this agreement. Exhibitor will provide own insurance coverage and waives all claims for personal injury, damages to persons or property, including, but not limited to medical expenses, costs, suits, fees, etc., howsoever incurred against COUNTRY FOLK ART© SHOWS, INC.
15. All food vendors that will be handling any edible products must carry an additional $1 million liability insurance naming as additional insured, COUNTRY FOLK ART© SHOWS, INC., it’s officers & employees. This must be done for each show and a copy must be sent to us, prior to show participation. Common Rules Selected:
Previous acceptance does not guarantee re-acceptance. Jury materials, slides or photos, will not be returned to you. Jury Fee must be sent with a Seperate check. Vendors can share a booth. Vendors do not have to signup for all event dates. City law requires city issued vendor permit. (Permit Phone:
Food permit: 732-745-3817) Spots are assigned prior to show based by promoter. No Refunds. Show Credits available by condition. Held Rain or Shine! Overnight Security Provided. ALL product categories must be itemized on the application. No vendor may sell any soft drinks, name brand drinks, or bottled water. No streamer poppers, snaps, silly string, stink bombs or other similar items may be sold! No pop guns, marshmellow guns or other disruptive items may be sold. Trash must be removed from your space to provided receptacles. No Gas Generators. Additional Lighting Recommended (bring lights and cords). White Canopies Only. No Early Packup Allowed. Table Cloth or Drape Required. Floor Length Table Cloth Required. Send 1 SASE - Self Addressed Stamped Envelope with standard postage. NO Setup until vehicle fully unloaded and moved. Vehicle must be parked in designated areas. Standard Rules:
All work and displays must stay within designated space.
No boxes, extra merchandise or debris should be visible.
Spot area must be kept clean throughout the event and be left spotless afterwards.
No soliciting, approaching patrons, or distribution of advertising material outside of booth area.
All vendors must have a state sales tax license. Vendors are responsible for collecting and remitting all sales tax.