Craft Bazaar Sat 9am - 4pm features almost 100 vendors offering hand-crafted items, children, adult, fashion and jewelry items, wooden art, pictures, pens, stationery, fine jewelry, collectibles, flea market items, clocks, crosses, purses, shoes, home decor, and so much more! Jewelry vendors will be limited!
Superb Silent Auction and FREE Door Prize Drawing for all attendees! Booths outdoors = $85, Indoors = $100-120 10x10, $10 for preferred parking. Special requests considered with advanced notice!
Many wonderful vendor comments - "sold tons of my stuff, best show we have ever been to, craft show team extremely helpful and courteous, will be returning for sure..."
Booth fees are a fundraiser for women's and children's missions. If the event is cancelled for any reason, your booth fee will be considered a donation. No refunds given after 10/4/11 for ANY reason.
Church-wide festival which will include indoor and outdoor vendors,
concessions, entertainment groups, and games and bouncys for children. Indoors there will be a drawing for donated items as well as shopping. Many of the children's events will be FREE in hopes of bringing in more of the community.
**Fun and Games for All! FREE Children's Carnival from 9am-3pm!**
*Inflatables *Cupcake/Cookie Walk *Storytelling *Clowns
*Outdoor Entertainment *Face Painting
*Crowd Pleasers Snack Bar - Hot Chocolate, Popcorn, Snow Cones, Snacks, Bottled Water, and Candy
Be sure and visit the Bear Creek Pumpkin Patch (a definite fall photo opportunity so bring your camera!
Superb Silent Auction with items from vendors and local merchants to raise funds for women's & children's missions, be sure and stop by to register to WIN a FREE DOOR PRIZE!
Event/Application Rules & Regulations
2011 BEAR CREEK UNITED METHODIST WOMEN
23RD ANNUAL CRAFT BAZAAR
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 15TH
1. We are pleased to announce our Craft Show event which will be held on Saturday, October 16th from 9:00 am-4:00 pm. (Vendors will not be allowed to begin taking down booths on Saturday prior to 4 p.m., to allow for late shoppers.) Set-up and registration will begin at 2:00 pm on Friday and must be completed by 8:00 pm. Outdoor vendors, who prefer not to leave merchandise out all night, will be allowed to set up Saturday morning at 6:00 am (NO EARLIER). We will provide Security through the night until 6 a.m. Saturday morning. Although a Private Security Officer will be walking the grounds, all valuables left will be your responsibility.
2. We accept “Handcrafted” and “High Quality Merchant” Gift Items. “Handcrafted” being items made by the person selling the items or by a representative thereof. “High Quality Merchant” items being represented directly through the manufacturer. Any “Designer Knockoffs”, such as those found on Harwin, will NOT BE ACCEPTED. Please provide pictures of ALL TYPES of items you intend to provide for sale in your booth. We will select vendors on the basis of these items and if they do not meet our criteria we will be unable to extend you a booth for this event. We will LIMIT the number of booths sold in each category (i.e. jewelry, woodworking, candles, etc.) to ensure a fair market potential for all. Handcrafted items will receive priority. Booth spaces are approved by the UMW Executive Council and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis as registration forms & fees are received in our church office.
3. Each Vendor has the option to provide a $20 cash donation in lieu of a Silent Auction item, with a minimum retail value of $25, that would be representative of your booth. Please keep in mind that profits from the Bazaar go to Women and Children's missions. A tax deductible donation receipt will be included with your registration packet.
4. Bear Creek UMW will host a Hospitality Room for our paid vendors! In order to provide the utmost care and service, we are pleased to offer coffee, water, and a continental breakfast on Saturday, AND a box lunch on Saturday! We will provide free parking in our vendor/volunteer designated back lot on Saturday. If you wish to have “preferred parking”, which is closer to the FLC Building, there will be an additional fee of $10 which you can sign up for on your vendor application.
5. As is traditional, our Church Fall Festival will be held the same day of the Bazaar which will increase show attendance and hopefully your revenue! We do an extensive amount of advertising through newspapers, neighborhood newsletters, flyers to local businesses, internet promotions and postings, radio & television ads, schools, preschools, churches, and signage placed throughout the Greater Houston Area. If you provide us with your email address, we will email a copy of our Bazaar Flyer to you. Please promote this to your family, friends and customers to ensure your success! We will also send you craft show communications via email!
• Registration forms and/or payments must be received by October 1, 2011. Checks presented with insufficient funds will be charged a fee as set forth by our bank.
• The responsibility for booth set-up, including loading/unloading, is yours. However, there is a possibility we may have Boy Scouts and youth available to assist.
• If needed, we have a limited number of tables (includes 2 chairs) available to rent for $10. There is a maximum of one table per booth.
• No tape or adhesive of any kind is allowed on the floors or walls. Extension cords are not provided.
• The areas in and around the church grounds are non-smoking areas, signs will be posted.
• In the event of inclement weather, we will attempt to reschedule. However if the event should be canceled for any reason, please consider your fees a donation to our charity and we will provide a tax deductible receipt for you.
Our Bazaar Committee is already praying and working hard to plan and prepare for this event on your behalf, as well as for the proceeds that will benefit our women’s and children’s mission projects. We look forward to having you participate as a vendor with us this year. We appreciate your feedback from last year and have implemented some constructive changes. For any questions, please contact Shelly Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org
OR at (281) 463-2330.
Common Rules Selected:
Previous acceptance does not guarantee re-acceptance. Jury materials, slides or photos, will not be returned to you. Spots are assigned prior to show based by promoter. No Refunds or Show Credits. Held Rain or Shine! Overnight Security Provided. ALL product categories must be itemized on the application. No vendor may sell any soft drinks, name brand drinks, or bottled water. No streamer poppers, snaps, silly string, stink bombs or other similar items may be sold! Trash must be removed from your space to provided receptacles. Additional Lighting Recommended (bring lights and cords). No Early Packup Allowed. Raffle / Door Prize Donation Required. Food Service will take orders from and deliver to vendor booths. Event Helping Hands will come around/be available to relieve you for short periods. NO Setup until vehicle fully unloaded and moved. Vehicle must be parked in designated areas. Standard Rules:
All work and displays must stay within designated space.
No boxes, extra merchandise or debris should be visible.
Spot area must be kept clean throughout the event and be left spotless afterwards.
No soliciting, approaching patrons, or distribution of advertising material outside of booth area.
All vendors must have a state sales tax license. Vendors are responsible for collecting and remitting all sales tax.