MERCHANDISE ELIGIBLE: Any & all handcrafted FINE ARTS & CRAFTS, COUNTRY CRAFTS, CLOTHING and SPECIALITY FOOD PRODUCTS. HIGH QUALITY COMMERCIAL ARTS & CRAFTS (buy/sell, HANDCAST, SILVER-SMITHED JEWELRY OR HAND-FORMED BEADED JEWELRY and RESTORED ANTIQUES ARE ALLOWED ON A LIMITED & SELECTED BASIS. (Other items may be allowed at the discretion of promoter.) WE DO LIMIT THE NUMBER OF VENDORS IN CERTAIN MERCHANDISE CATEGORIES.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE NOT ALLOWED: HOME-BAKED GOODS,Flea-market or fair merchandise, screened printed clothing, cleaning products, cosmetics, multi-level marketing products, weight loss products, medical services, and any merchandise or services which are unrelated to arts and crafts. Promotional vendors seeking prospective clients and craft distributors or dealers are also not allowed.
Event/Application Rules & Regulations
1. New vendors must submit four (4) photos of your products and one (1) photo of your display set up (color copies also accepted). Any application without photos will be returned. Please label each photo with your name & address.
2. FEE PAYMENT: Your space will not be guaranteed without full payment of booth fees & a signed application contract. Personal and business checks are accepted until 10 days before show time; cashier's checks, money orders or cash required thereafter. Any checks returned to us non-sufficient funds will have a $30.00 service charge.
3. CONFIRMATION POLICY: YOUR CANCELLED CHECK IS YOUR BOOTH SPACE CONFIRMATION. An acceptance letter will not be mailed.
4. SUBLETTING PROHIBITED: Exhibitors may not sell or give away their booths to anyone. The registered exhibitor & their merchandise must be the one occupying the booth space. If you are unable to come, please let us know so we can contact those on our waiting list.
5. ELECTRICITY FEE: Century II Convention Center charges vendors individually for electricity. The electricity is available to every booth (within twenty feet), but it needs to be reserved at least 5 BUSINESS DAYS (NOVEMBER 18TH) before the show. One outlet extension cord is $34. The electricity order forms are available on-line at the address below or we can email or mail them to you with your set-up letter. You may also contact Century II Convention Center directly at (316) 264-9121 and pay with a credit card. These electricity fee will DOUBLE to $68.00 ON NOVEMBER 19th. You do not need your booth space number to reserve the electricity in advance, we provide that to Century II.
6. Police security will be provided during show hours. It is best to cover your merchandise at night when you leave and please take valuables with you.
7. SET-UP TIMES: You will be emailed OR mailed a letter with set-up instructions and other show specific details a couple of weeks before show time. Booth space locations are disclosed at set-up. Please enclose a self-addressed, stamped (2 stamps), #10 envelope (business letter size) with your application to receive your set-up letter. APPROXIMATE SET-UP TIMES ARE: Thursday, Nov. 26th, 2 pm – 9 pm; and Friday, Nov. 27th, 630am –9 am. Be sure to include your email address on your application & update us if you change it.
8. SHOW CANCELLATION: ALL CANCELLATIONS ARE TO BE IN WRITING. YOUR CANCELLATION DATE IS CONSIDERED THE LETTER POSTMARK. There is a bookkeeping service charge on all cancellations: 10% service charge for cancellations PRIOR TO 60 days before show time; a 50% service charge for cancellations occurring BETWEEN 60 and 45 days before show time; and a 100% service charge for any cancellations 45 days before show time.
9. SALES TAX: Vendors are responsible for the collection and remittance of Kansas state sales tax. Kansas requires all vendors who do more than two shows a year in the state to have a Kansas Retail Sales Tax Permit. Each year we are required to report your name and business name to them before the show. To obtain information on a permanent tax number, visit the Kansas Dept. of Revenue web-site at: http://www.ksrevenue.org
or call (785) 296-4937 (tax assistance). Wichita's sales tax is 6.3%.
10. YOUR DISPLAY & BOOTH APPEARANCE: The way you display your merchandise can have an impressive impact on your sales. Presenting your merchandise in such a way that the customer looks at it and then buys it is visual merchandising. Keep your display neat and orderly at all times and all back stock, boxes, and personal items kept out of sight. Your display should include some type of a backdrop to separate your booth from the one next to or behind yours, and tables should be covered with an attractive, floor length table cover on all sides visible to the public. We do not provide any display equipment or backdrop curtains. Please bring your own tables and chairs with you unless you rent tables in advance on your application. A limited supply of tables will be available during show set-up (chairs are not provided). Backdrop curtains are also rentable in advance through a local display company at $3 per foot. No loud power equipment is to be used/run during show hours. Since this is a Christmas show, Christmas booth decorations are encouraged.
11. If you must mark down your prices to move your merchandise, do so on the price tags. "Discount" or "Sale" SIGNS are not allowed at our shows.
12. SHOW HOURS: Friday - 9:00 am – 9:00 pm; and Saturday - 9:00 am – 6:00 pm; NO Sunday. Vendors must remain open the entire show hours. NO packing materials, etc. allowed in your booth until after the show has closed.
13. EARLY BIRD SIGN-UP: A discount of $30 may be taken if paid in full & postmarked by April 1st, 2009. A discount of $20 may be taken if paid in full & postmarked by July 15th, 2009.
14. PLEASE ENCLOSE THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WHEN SUBMITTING CONTRACT: Booth fee, Four (4) photos, Large business letter size (4” X 9 1/2”) self-addressed stamped envelope, and the signed contract. Send application to and make checks payable to: PRIDE OF THE PLAINS PRODUCTIONS; P.O. Box 189, Maize, KS 67101 (316)729-9443.
15. NOTE: Exhibitors should read and sign the release printed on the attached contract application. This is a binding contract between us, and this rule brochure is part of that contract. Any vendor not conforming to these printed guidelines or exhibiting media not allowed will be asked to remove unqualified merchandise and may result in expulsion from the show without refund of any moneys.
Common Rules Selected:
Include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope with enough postage for the jury materials you are sending to be returned to you. Spots are assigned prior to show based by promoter. Conditional Partial or Full Refunds by conditions such as date and whether your space is resold. Held Rain or Shine! Overnight Security Provided. ALL product categories must be itemized on the application. No vendor may sell any soft drinks, name brand drinks, or bottled water. No pop guns, marshmellow guns or other disruptive items may be sold. No Early Packup Allowed. Floor Length Table Cloth Required. Food Service will take orders from and deliver to vendor booths. Event Helping Hands will come around/be available to relieve you for short periods. Vehicles can not be brought near stand for un/loading. Standard Rules:
All work and displays must stay within designated space.
No boxes, extra merchandise or debris should be visible.
Spot area must be kept clean throughout the event and be left spotless afterwards.
No soliciting, approaching patrons, or distribution of advertising material outside of booth area.
All vendors must have a state sales tax license. Vendors are responsible for collecting and remitting all sales tax.